Potential participants who would wish to present their work at the symposium (poster, demo, or oral presentation) should submit an extended abstract of 1000-2500 words. Contributions should describe work in progress, completed work, positions, or give insight into the current state or perspectives of research in the topic of the symposium. All submissions must include: title, author(s) name(s), affiliation(s), postal and e-mail addresses and should be PDF file created using the ECAI submission format (PDF instructions or Latex style files)
The abstracts submission deadline for this symposium is 22nd January, 2007.
Extended abstracts of 1000-2500 words should be sent by e-mail to:
Authors of accepted submissions will be asked to contribute a paper to the symposium proceedings, edited by the AISB Society. The deadline for camera-ready papers is 14 February, 2007 (hard deadline!).
Since contributions will be evaluated on the basis of extended abstracts, it is very important that authors make very clear why and how their contribution is relevant to the symposium. Abstracts should explain clearly:
- What problem you are trying to address.
- Why this is an interesting problem, and how and why it is relevant to the theme of the symposium.
- What has been tried before (in your community, in different communities) and why/how your contribution is better/different/more original.
- How it will help others/contribute to/enrich research or applications having to do with the animation of expressive characters for social interactions.
- Some results/proof/hint it works (how can your work be evaluated?)
Abstracts will be evaluated for acceptance as long papers, posters, system demonstrations and expressions of interest.