Continuing with my adding of content to my website, I added my undergraduate dissertation project earlier today. My project, titled “Animating String Searching Algorithms”, looked at building a teaching tool for string searching algorithms. The development of the tool was done in Java and as a couple of years have now passed since I created the tool, and I can see a number of enhancements I would like to make. A few of these were clear upon completion, however as my programming has improved I can see a number of ways to improve it “under the hood”. However, I’m still pretty happy with the tool and the research I did into it, and enjoyed the project as a whole .
I started demonstrating on CSC8002 today – Advanced Programming on the MSc Computing Science course – which will cover event driven programming, so will be good to brush up on my GUI skills.