Computing Officer, School of Computing Science, University of Newcastle
- Mangement of the school's central unix servers.
- Administration of the school unix backup service.
- Creation of login IDs and associated liason with university computing service.
- Archival of home filesystems when students and staff leave the school.
- Post processing of student data from registrar's database, and provision
of this to the school's teaching staff.
- School Safety Officer
I have found these resources useful, and so might you.
- Sample programs to access an
from personal home pages
- A simple example of a cgi-bin script using perl.
Please remember that personal scripts are only available from within Newcastle,
so will not work if you are using a different internet service provider at
- Notes for my colleagues on the care and feeding
of various things which I normally look after (restricted access).
- My informal home for topics not connected with
work and draft pages.
I also save my personal file of
bookmarks here, so that I can get at them wherever I am working. If you
want to know what I am interested in, read on, but do not take inclusion in
here as any sort of recommendation.